7 Ways to increase Ecommerce Sales
March 28, 2018
When you are selling online, it’s crucial to maximize the sales potential of your online store and to make your business and products attractive to potential customers and also make it as easy as possible for customers to purchase your products.
Here are some factors to take note of when selling online:
1. First Impressions - It takes less than two-tenths of a second for an online visitor to form a first opinion of your brand once they've visited your company's website, according to researchers at the Missouri University of Science and Technology. It takes just another 2 and a half seconds for that viewer's eyes to concentrate in a way that reinforces that first impression. This highlights how important branding and the level of design is in E-commerce in creating an attractive and trustworthy first impression.
2. Usability - Ensuring visitors journey from their initial website visit to checkout and purchase is as easy and straightforward as possible.
3. SEO - It’s very important to have high quality Search Engine Optimization set up for your store especially if your store’s products are in a competitive niche. This can also save your business thousands in paid advertising over time.
4. Analytics - Without tracking and monitoring the performance of your online store, it can prove very difficult to know which aspect are keeping customers on your website and what aspects are driving them away. From changes made by reviewing the user of behavior of online store visitors through analytics, we managed to improve their stores conversion rate from 1.5% to 8% by making a few important tweaks and improvements to usability.
5. Customer Service - By providing top class customer service to your customers, you can help build trust and help convert them into long term customers. From pre-purchase inquiries to helping customers with any issues after their purchase, you can help build a strong relationship with your customers.
6. Fulfillment - As great as it is to have orders coming in, it’s important to have a good fulfillment plan in place. Fulfilling orders in a time efficient manner and keeping your staff and customers up to date during the fulfillment process is crucial for your online stores success.
7. Maximize Channels - Make the most of your online store’s selling ability by syncing your store with some of the most recognized and popular Ecommerce channels such as Amazon, Ebay or Etsy. Our own Ecommerce Store, The Print Panda has been selling via Etsy and it has proven a very successful channel for us - You can view our Etsy store here.
If you are looking to begin an Ecommerce Web design project, then why not contact us for a free consultation. We’ve great experience in designing, launching and optimizing online stores and have helped a range of clients achieve an impressive return on investment on their project.