SEO - How to rank highly in Google
March 28, 2018
Search Engine Optimization - How to rank highly in Google
We’ve had a no. of clients who have asked how can their website rank highly in searches and what exactly is Search Engine Optimization (SEO). SEO in a nutshell, is the process of maximizing the number of visitors to a particular website by ensuring that the site appears high on the list of results returned by a search engine.
Google, Bing, Yahoo and the remaining search engines all have their own ranking algorithms that are secret and not known publicly. However there are a number of techniques which are widely used which are known to have helped web pages ranking highly over time for certain search engine.
There are countless methods web designers use to help boost visibility, but here are 7 methods which are commonly used to help maximize visibility in Search engine rankings:
- Find the Best Keywords - It’s important to ensure your website is ranking highly for your the the search terms which are most relevant to your business - so ensure your meta title and description consists of as many keywords as possible which are related to your business
- Optimize Your Title and Meta Tags - Ensure you are keeping the meta title of each page short and concise, so under 70 characters and relevant to the content on the page and also keep the Meta Description to 155 characters or less.
- Tag and Optimize all your Images - Alt text is simply text that the search engine uses to understand images. It’s basically just the practise of adding suitable description tags to images so Google can acknowledge what your photo is in reference too.
- Loading Times -It’s important that your website loads quickly, the quicker your website loads, the better for SEO purposes - This will also improve the experience for your visitors and reduce your website’s bounce rate significantly (percentage of users who leave your website without taking any action)
- Mobile Optimization - Not only is it important for your website to be mobile responsive for usability purposes and for generating leads but this helps influence your website’s search engine visibility.
- High Quality Links -The no. of backlinks your website has directing towards your website is important and helps boost your search engine ranking. It’s always worthwhile including links out of your website to high quality websites whether it’s links to your social media accounts, to your partners or suppliers etc.
These are just some of the key tactics Web Designers use to help optimize Websites for visibility - There are many more technical ways. Here are some very informative videos which help explain SEO:
- Search Engine Optimization crash course
- SEO for Beginners 2016
- The SEO factors you must master in 2016
If you would like us to run a free SEO report of your website or if you are looking for help or tips on how to boost your website’s search engine visibility, feel free to contact at us here