Someone else verifying your business in Google
March 28, 2018
We received a response to our last blog where a small business owner already been verified by a previous owner. In this blog, we will talk you through how to gain access to your businesses Google My Business account even if it’s previously been verified by someone else.
Firstly, you can find out if your business has already been verified by following these steps:
1. Navigate to Google My Business.
2. Sign in with your Google account which you use to manage your business page.
3. Search for your business using both it’s name and it’s address.
4. Click on your business in the search results.
5. If you see dialog letting you know that someone else has verified the business, choose one of the options below.
Try a different email address
It may be possible that you have already verified your business using another email address. If you have more than one Google account (for example, one for your personal messages and one for our business communications), sign out of Google My Business and then try sign in with another Google account.
You will see any listings that you have verified with this Google account. If you still don’t see any listings in any of your Google accounts, you may need to contact the current listing owner.
You can contact the current listing owner through Google My Business to request access to own or manage the listing.
Please bare in mind that this process may take a couple of weeks, and only the current listing owner can add you as a listing manager or transfer ownership of the listing.
To request access from the current listing owner:
1. Go to Google My Business.
2. Sign in to Google with the account you use to manage your business.
3. Enter the name or address of your business, then select it from the search results. (You may see text showing part of the email address that verified the listing. If you manage this email address, sign in to that account to access your business listing.)
4. Fill out the form. The current listing owner may need to contact you for more details, so you won’t be able to submit your request without sharing your contact details with them.
5. Click Submit.
6. The current listing owner will then receive an email asking them to get in touch with you, and you’ll receive a confirmation email. You can check on the status of your request by clicking the link in your confirmation email.
7. Allow a full 7 days for the current listing owner to respond to your request. If you don’t hear back within the 7 days, click the link in your confirmation email and follow the instructions to request further support.
You may also attempt to contact the current owner directly using the contact information in their business listing.
We hope you have found this article useful and if you have any questions regarding your Google Business account feel free to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org