Why Should You Sell Online?
March 28, 2018
If you’re a bricks and mortar retailer who is unsure about the world of E-commerce, where to begin or what will work for you online, it’s worth noting that online sales are already responsible for over 10% of all sales worldwide as of 2017, so there’s no better time to make the leap into the world of E-commerce.
There's huge potential to increase your businesses revenue by 10%+ and with the right digital agency (you know who we are hinting at) behind you helping you boost sales through SEO, social media, automation and discounted deals, this percentage could be significantly higher.
Here are a no. of advantages your business may benefit from by selling online:
1. No Opening Hour Restrictions - With e-commerce websites, you are not restricting your potential customers, as they can view your website at any time of day. This means as a business, you are maximizing your sales and profits.
2. Scalable - With an online store you are not confined by geographical location so once online your target market can increase significantly. Also, once you find out which products your customer base on responding well to, then you can focus your digital spend accordingly and scale up.
3. More measurable - When it comes to E-commerce, you can measure the no. of visits a product page is getting, how long they are browsing etc. This can be a lot more difficult to implement in the store itself.
4. Low Inventory - many online stores are now using drop shipping so it can prevent businesses from the risk of being left with too much inventory if a products ends up not as popular as anticipated. You can also setup automated inventory orders if your inventory hits a certain threshold. Our own online store The Print Panda has sold hundreds and hundreds of t-shirts and posters worldwide and we have never seen any of the inventory bar the t-shirts we've ordered for ourselves.
5. Cut Down on Manual Labour - Instead of hiring a shop assistant to deal with customers and put through sales, your online store can take purchases without any manual input, bar shipping the product itself. You can have an online chat feature and high quality customer service to provide the personal touch.
6. Less likely to lose potential customers - After a shop visitor leaves your store without making a purchase, in many case, there is no way of connecting with them again, however if a online shopper leaves your website, you may still be able to contact them via abandoned carts or re-marketing.
Two Online Store's we have built have both sold to customers in over 20 States in the US, which highlights how scalable e-commerce can be and how having an online store can expose your business to a global market.
If you are looking for help to bring your stores products online, feel free to get in touch. We would love to hear from you.